.It’s your wedding day, you want it to be perfect, including the perfect ceremony location. Outdoor wedding ceremonies are extremely popular right now, Brisbane (and picturesque Moreton Bay) has plenty of beautiful places to have a perfect beach or garden wedding ceremony. So here are a few tips for planning your perfect outdoor wedding ceremony.
1. Make sure you are clear on your invitation of the exact wedding ceremony location, beachside parks, beaches or gardens can be big places if you are too general on the ceremony location, your guests may not be– able to find you. You may wish to consider asking a few friends to be wedding ushers if your ceremony is in a difficult location.
2. Ensure you visit the wedding ceremony location with your Marriage Celebrant and the person who will be setting up any chairs or equipment. Make sure they understand the exact location you want everything set up.
3. Book your ceremony location with Brisbane City Council (or Moreton/Logan/Ipswich etc) and pay any fees due, to ensure there are no double bookings.
4. Having a PA system for the ceremony will allow your guests to hear you and your Wedding Celebrant which can be hard on a windy day. Make sure you have power at the site or the PA system is battery operated. A good Marriage Celebrant will be able to supply a PA as part of their service.
5. Have a back up wet weather wedding venue organised (speak to your reception venue to see if they have an area you can use if there’s rain on your wedding day).
6. Find out if there are toilet facilities within walking distance to your ceremony location
7. Find out if there will be adequate parking within walking distance to your ceremony, keep in mind other people from the general public will also be using these car parks. You may even need to instruct your guests to car pool.
8. Make sure you organise water for your guests, on a hot day, it won’t take long for your guests to become thirsty and dehydrated.
9. If you have elderly guests attending ensure there is somewhere for them to sit.
10. Having some form of shade at your ceremony location is a great idea, it will keep your guests comfortable on a hot day.